Thursday, September 30, 2010

To Alex Murray

Maybe.. some of you had heard of that name. But some of you didn't.

Alex Murray

The first time I saw him, I thougt he was just like another regular human being. He's one of the youngest teachers in KELT where I learnt English. But then, my FCE 1 Preparation Class was taught by him. And I never thought he'll be the guy like I thought he was!

I thought he'll be a cool, quite person you know... the awkward type. Hahaha. But I guess he's not!
He's good looking of course (he'll be veerryy pleased if he hears this!). But what's special about him is not only his charming behaviour, but also he's sweet, adorable, understanding character!

As a teacher, he really gave out ALL -- i mean EVERYTHING his best! He tried to make us understand and get every single thing of English! From the formal use until everyday use of English! He really gave EVERYTHING for us!

He was the first teacher that looked as tension as the students when we tried the FCE 1 Preparation Test. He was the only teacher -- I remember -- saying "I'll do my best", he was the one that made me studied hard this term. Seriously, I never had studied this hard for KELT Exams! Not as hard as this. He made me realize that this test is a VERY serious matter and it's not going to be that simple -- it shows in how serious he had taught us.

Tonight, he gave us a surprise. A SURPRISE! Usually, we made a farewell party for the teachers who are leaving. Well, we had made him one together for Layne too. But tonight, he suddenly brought some brownies and soft drinks and he said they're all only for us! God... he's so sweet. We were speechless.... plus, we all passed the test ---- thanks to his hard work teaching us!

Teaching a bunch of noisy students like us were NOT easy you know! We were hard to handle! Trust me! But he actually made it! He really tried his best ----- it's like he REALLY wants us to pass FCE which is only a few months away.

He was the kind of teacher that teaches with all his heart.
That understands how we really need him.
That even gave some of his time just for us.
That will check back our works.
That patiently copes up with our nuisance.
That charms us with his magic words, "I'll try my best,"
Because he really means it...
Those words made us believe he had given all his best,
And we can do the best too.
Just like him!
That's how charming he is in our eyes...
And we really do... love our teacher.

Mr. Alex Murray.

No comments: